This is me, backpacking in the Sierra Nevada!
I’m an instructional designer and eLearning developer based in Orange County, California.
My mission is to design effective learning experiences using the knowledge and skills I learned both from my Masters in Instructional Design and from my work experience developing e-learning and training modules in higher education.
I love learning about and teaching innovative educational technologies! I am an expert in e-learning tools including Articulate Storyline 2, Camtasia, Blackboard, Moodle, and WordPress; and experienced in Adobe Captivate, iMovie, and coding in HTML/XHTML, CSS, and WordPress.
Master of Education – Educational Technology, Arizona State University
Instructional Design and Technology Specialization
Master of Library and Information Science, San Jose State University
Bachelor of Arts – English, University of California, Riverside
Faculty – August 2016 to Present
Master of Science – Instructional Design and Technology, California State University, Fullerton
- IDT 505 – Foundations of Instructional Design and Web Authoring Environments
This class covers instructional design principles and gives learners an introduction to using Adobe Captivate 9 to author interactive online courses.
- IDT 520 – Instructional Design 1: Issues in e-learning and the Design Process
This class dives deeper into developing courses in Adobe Captivate 9. Students learn to analyze and evaluate instructional courseware as well as the basics of graphic design and visual communication.
Instructional Design Librarian – August 2014 to Present
Pollak Library, California State University, Fullerton
• Conceptualize the future of Pollak Library’s teaching and learning initiatives.
• Design and develop e-learning content using proven pedagogical and multimedia theory.
• Design and deliver training on educational technologies and instructional design principles.
• Promote Open Educational Resources to campus constituencies.
• Launched and manage Pollak Library e-learning, a repository for digital learning objects and instructional materials.
• As Instruction Coordinator since October 2015, I also lead and coordinate the library’s active instruction program and instruction assessment efforts.
Library Information Specialist Lead – February 2013 to July 2014
Library Information Specialist – August 2012 to February 2013
Hayden Library, Arizona State University, Tempe, Arizona
• Designed informative displays to educate community about collection materials.
• Trained researchers to use specialized resources and equipment.
• Launched and administered official collection social media presence on Twitter (@ASUGovDocs).
• Promoted to Lead after six months on the job by quickly learning the collection and demonstrated ability to provide great customer and reference service.
Instruction Intern – Spring 2012
Arizona State University Libraries, Tempe, Arizona
• Designed and delivered research training for freshmen.
• Collaboratively designed learning outcomes and assessment.
Substitute Circulation Clerk – January 2011 to June 2011
Yorba Linda Public Library, Yorba Linda, California
• Assisted patrons with checkout and return of books and multimedia materials.
• Interpreted library policy and provided directional and informational services.
Reserve Property Specialist (Part-time) – August 2010 to June 2011
The Ahwahnee Hotel, DNC Parks and Resorts at Yosemite, Yosemite National Park
• Worked with National Park Service representatives to inventory and launch tracking system for historic furniture and artwork that were present at hotel’s opening in 1927.
• Located, retrieved, and individually tagged historic items (some off-property, most still-in-use) and designed in-house web catalog to streamline future tracking and item maintenance.